Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Backstory

Not gonna lie, backstory is something I love and something I rarely find.  I love not really liking Rosalie (Twilight) and then finding out why she hates being a vampire in Eclipse.  I loved not understanding Jasper and then hearing his totally amazing backstory (also in Eclipse).  I think that, in general, the masters of this are the manga-kas of Shoujo.  (For those of you who don't read manga, I'm talking about the artists/writers of girl manga).  I'm pretty sure every character had a complicated backstory in Fruits Basket, and I LOVE that.
Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Alice Cullen, Jasper Hale, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Where am I going with this?  I've been thinking up backstories for each of my characters in the story I'm writing with my friend Reagan.  Already I notice the difference and it's crazy!!!!  I totally reccommend this to anyone, especially someone with a lot of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment