Sunday, December 12, 2010

Step By Step

After writing over 30,000 words in November, I'm stuck.  Why?  You tell me!  I have the turning part in the story, the big reveal if you will, coming up, and I'm stuck!  Very frustrating.
On a completely related note, I've been listening to the openings and closings of the anime Detective Conan.  Because it's in Japanese, I don't get all that distracted by the music and I can write more.  There's a couple stanzas that I really like in the first closing song.  (This is from Anime Lyrics dot Com).
Step by step/I won't be impatient/Case by case/Unconcerned, I'll pass the time laughing/[...]/ I gotta go my own way.
Step by step/I'm gonna do things the way I like/Case by case/ and I don't mind, even if that's the hard way/[...]/I gotta go my own way.
I guess the best way to finish is to go step by step and take things one thing at a time.  Even if other people think it would be easier to schedule times, or to write in a notebook, or whatnot, I know that for me the best way is to write when I can, take my finals, then write a little more.  Even if it's hard to focus.  "I gotta go my own way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment