Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Silver Blade

The Silver Blade by Sally GardnerWhat is it with me and silver?  Sheesh.  Anyway, this is the sequel to The Red Necklace.  J'ADORE the Red Necklace.  That's right, I love it so much it's worth French.  This book?  A little bit of a letdown.  Just a little, but it was still there.  Yann spends a little too much time pining over Sido.  I mean, I didn't want him to just keep moving even though he misses her, but this was a little indulgent.  I could have forgiven that, though, had it not been for other things.
The way the villain is finally defeated was not good enough for me.  I liked his first demise in book one wayyyyyyy better.  It's not that I couldn't see him coming back, but the way they got rid of him was just a little too easy.
Finally, not thrilled about Yann and Sido's little...breach in morality.  Let's leave it at that.  No, not graphic at all, but I kinda wish they had waited.  But that didn't mean I hated the book, it just dissappointed me a little.  It took it down to ***1/2.  I really did like that book, though.  Red Necklace is just a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment