Thursday, April 29, 2010

Writing groups

Writing groups are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm so excited!  I'm in the Mormon Mommy Writers yahoo! group.  This is what I wrote for my writing prompt.

Kayza smiled to herself, touching her cheek where Naylan had kissed her. Her! 
"Kayza, what are you doing?" snapped Tyrin.
For some reason, guilt snapped at her insides. What is this for? she thought. I didn't really do anything wrong!
"Nothing," she replied calmly.
"Right. I suppose you didn't think I saw that whole thing? What are you doing? Kayza, Naylan's your superior officer! What are you thinking, dating him?"
His anger towered over her, making her feel so small. Kayza squared her shoulders and tossed her dark hair. "Tyrin, you're my oldest friend. But you are not my boss."
"No, that's Naylan. But he's not even doing his job!"
"He's watching out for me, which is his job! What's your problem?" her temper threatened to spill over, and with an effort she kept it in check.
Tyrin seemed to deflate a bit as he said, "I just didn't think you'd fall for him, that's all."
Unsure of what to say, Kayza stayed silent. The air was heavy with words unsaid.
After a minute, Tyrin turned around and walked out of the room.



After reading some people's comments, I think I need my head deflated.  But I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment