Saturday, April 10, 2010

This Must Be Love

ThisMustBeLoveI found this next to the Avatar Sequence that I've been reading...wow.  The wow was me being super impressed with the author, Tui T Sutherland, for writing so darn differently.  This book is fun, funny, and really cute.  The Avatar series is tense, exhilarating, and not cute.  But it's not supposed to be cute.  So impressed.  

This Must Be Love is about two girls, one who refuses to date until she finds her "soulmate", the other who can't buy a good boyfriend.  At the start, they both think they've found the One, (different guys, thank goodness, I'm not a huge fan of the whole "choose one" storyline) and are trying to get their attention.  Very funny.  I loved Hermia and Alex (Alex...why is every hero named Alex?!?  That's MY hero's name too!  Darn...but I love the name, so it's ok, haha) and thought Helena was...ok.  Maybe it's because I can relate to Hermia so much better because she wears her emotions on her sleeve, and Helena spends too much time worrying about looking "elegant".  That doesn't mean I didn't like Helena, it just means Hermia was more exciting.  I really did enjoy reading this, but I don't think I'll reread it. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment