Tuesday, March 30, 2010

10 Things I Hate About Me

Ten Things I Hate About MeI found this while I was working in the library this morning.  It seemed interesting, so I checked it out.  I actually liked this quite a bit more than I thought I would.  Jamie lives a double life, a regular Aussie at school and a Muslim at home.  But now her world's starting to fall apart.
It's pretty good, and I could definitely see why she was the way she was.  My problem?  I didn't like that she spent the whole time obeying her dad (unhappily, but she still did) but the one time she didn't, she didn't get punished.  I dunno if that makes sense, but if she really became that desperate to have her dad trust her, I don't know why she didn't confess to him.  It seemed like it was going to, and then she didn't.  I just think her growth would have been better shown with her willing to admit her mistakes and ask for forgiveness.
The second problem was that "John" was way too easy to guess.  I pretty much figured it out once he started writing her.  That keeps happening lately!  I just need The Awakening to come out soon, so I can have some surprises!  I'm sure she'll have some waiting!!!!!  Like who Chloe will end up with!  Although I'm pretty sure it's Derek, maybe not!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment