Friday, March 12, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

View Image
Wow. That was very good. It's not really a reread book, at least not so much for me, and not so much escapist faire. (That's usually what I reread, with the exception of The Book Thief)  The whole time Jenna's trying to decide what it really means to be human. She lost her memory, so does her lack of knowing who she is make her someone else? and stuff like that.  The title actually refers to her parents, and the way they treat her.  In one part, Jenna's looking at the homemade DVDs of her through the years and says that she must have been used to the "adoration of Jenna Fox".  I really did love all the choices throughout this book, like sacrifice or survival, and safe but lonely or to have friends--but risk.
Very well-written, the characters were very real, and I especially loved Ethan.
A couple swear words, but other than that it's clean. **** not so much because I'll reread it, but more because of how thought provoking it is.

And that cover's actually the old one, but I like it better than the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment