Saturday, March 20, 2010

Silver Phoenix


Silver Phoenix by Cindy PonThis one's hard to review.  Fantastic story, to start out with.  Very interesting, and I'm kinda a sucker for the whole reincarnation thing, even though I don't believe in that myself.  Great characters, especially Ai Ling (our heroine) and Chen Yong (hero and love interest).  Love their relationship.  I liked Chen Yong's brother, Li Rong, at least most of the time.  I loved the magic, and the whole premise.

What I didn't like:  I really didn't like all the innuendo and sexual references.  The act itself never happens, but some parts weren't real comfy to read, if you know what I mean.  There's an attempted rape, and a sorta seduction scene (it is but it isn't.  It's a little complicated.  They are married, but it didn't really sit well, but the act itself isn't done, but...that kind of thing.)  Which takes down the number of stars.  I have a hard time saying this is a three star book when the writing and story and everything was sooooo good, but I'm going to have to because although I'm glad I read it, I would not reread it because there were just too many "parts".  I'll probably read the next one, it seems like there will be a sequel by the way this is set up, if only to see them get together.  But that makes me a little nervous too, so there better not be any dirty scenes in that one, do you hear me Cindy Pon?  But hey, I won't lie, cover is GORGEOUS!!!!! So, read at your own peril, but if you do read it, you'll like the storyline and characters at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment