Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Magic Thief

The Magic Thief, by Sarah PrineasSooo cute!  I really liked this book!  I found Conn to be a clever, cute little thief, I loved his complete honesty (made for a laugh-out-loud part) and just loved it in general!  The only real bone I have to pick is Conn knows just a little too much about the nature of magic for a 12-14 year old (he doesn't know how old he is) who just found out about magic.  He's just too right all the time.  Other than that, I truly did enjoy reading this.  I'll probably read it to my little brother when I get home from college.  One little warning if you're planning on reading this to young kids: there is a character who's master beats him.  It's only a few sentences throughout the book, made to make the master look worse, but it's there.  Well, not the actual act, but Conn guesses it and it's later confirmed.  (See what I mean about Conn ALWAYS being right?)  Not a big thing, easy to skip (I'm planning on skipping it, even though I'm sure he's read worse.  But he's only 9.) just something to know before you read it to any kids.  Oh, and make sure you decode the runes at the bottom of some of the journal entries.  Did I mention how much I love Conn? ****
Sorry for the layout of the cover changing throughout the whole thing, haven't quite figured out how to make it go the way I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment