Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch

View Image

Ok, I'm cheating a little.  I've already read this, but I read another book in the series last night.  So I thought I'd just review the series (so far.  It's not finished yet, thank goodness.)
First of all, yes, this series is creepy, so if you don't like evil witches that drink blood to get power, this probably isn't so much for you.  BUT, if you do like creepy stuff (like me), then you'll probably like it.
Tom is the main character, the seventh son of a seventh son, so he can see things that other people can't.  Stuff like ghosts...and more dangerous stuff like boggarts.  He's apprenticed to the local Spook, who's job is to get rid of creatures of the dark.
Life's going fine for Tom until he meets a girl named Alice--a girl who wears pointy shoes.  A witch.  After doing a favor for her, he now has a very powerful malevoent witch after him--or more specifically--his blood.
Very good, creepy and fun to read.  I would recommend this.  Ages 9-12 according to amazon, but I would say closer to 12 if someone doesn't like scary books.  12+

No comments:

Post a Comment