Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Breakthrough!!!!

PhotobucketFinally, after almost eight months, a break though.  That muse of mine...sheesh.  Definitely has its own ideas of what I'm supposed to be writing.  At the start of last semester, I was flying on a story about these warriors.  I came to realize--through getting stuck--that something just wasn't working.  So I stopped writing.  I had no ideas of what to do.  
Then I started writing with my accomplice on a different story.  Because we had a deadline (April 17th) the story flew along and we finished.  My muse helped me through it all, but when we were done I didn't know quite what to do.  I could (and probably will) start the next book, but what to do when I'm out of college for the semester and she's not?  
Then--inspiration!  I had a much better way to format the warrior story now, so I started working on it last night.  14 pages in and a little research and I feel much more confident about this new draft.  I went from first person to third limited, and from chronological to in medias res.  All that's left is to write a storyline out and then I can go!

2 comments:

  1. Way to sneak a Hercules reference in here, Cecy. I thought this was supposed to be a writing blog....how about posting an excerpt from Shay&Cassi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a pretty good idea! What part would be best?

    ReplyDelete